Hello and welcome! Inspired by conversation candy hearts, I made this card for the February Poppystamps Challenge ~ Me & You. Soft, pearlescent hearts surround the Poppystamps "Sending Love Poe Script" craft die over a dreamy watercolor background. Please join us with a project, valentine or card showcasing something you love doing together like munching on candy hearts with a childhood friend.
Steps to create this card.
1. Beginning with a beautiful textured Open Studio watercolor paper (listed below), I loosely washed patches of distress inks over the entire panel. Allow colors to flow into one another and dry.
2. Die cut the Poppystamps "Sending Love Poe Script" craft die in the warm, pearlescent, platinum color from the Memory Box "Vintage Pastel Mirror Pad"
3. Die cut the hearts in assorted colors using the "Heartfelt Pinpoint Frame" die and the Memory Box "Vintage Pastel Mirror Pad".
These are the supplies I used.
4. Adhere the card front to a white A2 card base.
5. Using scrap paper, die cut the "Heartfelt Pinpoint Frame".
6. Lay the above die cut over the card front and place the hearts in the open areas to assure they are spaced evenly.
7. Adhere the sentiment and the hearts to the card front. Tip--Vary the colors of the hearts around the card, especially the white hearts to create balance.
I just love the gorgeous luster of the pearlescent shine when the light hits the platinum sentiment. I love the texture of the watercolor paper and the pastel colors are light yet vivid and lucid.
Please let me know if you have any questions about this card or the Poppystamps challenge. It would be great to have you join in the fun. Have an awesome day!