Hi, it's Rachel here in one of my favorite places to be -- the forest. Can you smell the sweet fragrance of pine? I can, even as I write this! The Poppystamps "Iced Pine Trees" craft dies are beautiful. Let's make a card with a grove of snow-covered trees.
Following are the steps to create this card.
1. Using the Poppystamps "Leaf and Tendril" foil plate, hot foil the background on white cardstock with silver foil.
2. Blend red distress ink over the entire background.
3. Cut out an oval from heavy vellum.
4. Using white cardstock, blend two green distress inks unevenly over an area large enough to die cut three sets of the "Iced Pine Trees" craft die.
5. Next die cut the "Iced Pine Trees" three times from this paper.
6. Repeat die cutting the "Iced Pine Trees" three times on white cardstock for the layered snow pieces.
7. Adhere the snow to the trees. Some of the layers can be left without the snow. This gives the trees some variation.
8. On black card stock, stamp the sentiment from the Poppystamps "Christmas Sparkle" clear stamp set with embossing ink.
9. Heat emboss with white powder.
10. Trim the background to fit an A2 card leaving room for a thin border around the card base.
11. Arrange the card--lay the vellum down, but do not glue yet. Group the trees in a desired arrangement. (Tape on the back of the trees help)
12. Take a photo of the display to refer back to. Glue trees and sentiment on the vellum.
13. Turn the vellum over and add glue only on the areas covered by the trees and sentiment. The glue will be not be visible.
14. Adhere card front on the card base.
The silver foil is gorgeous. One more step might be to add glitter to the snow pieces.
How about white and silver acrylic paint splatters?!
I hope you enjoyed the adventure in the forest! Thanks for joining me and please take a look at the "Iced Pine Trees" craft die, the "Leaf and Tendril" foil plate and the "Christmas Sparkle" stamp set. Creating holiday/winter scenes with these Poppystamps are so much fun, have a wonderful day!