Hi, it's Rachel here bringing you a bright and happy seaside card for the Poppystamps April Challenge - Cute Critters. White capped waves and the "Whittle Sunshine" die makes the most perfect setting for a "Whittle Shark" and "Whittle Dolphin" playdate. I hope you get a chance to create a project, tag, or card featuring one of your favorite Poppystamps cute critters.
Steps to create this card.
1. Swoosh teal distress ink unevenly over the lower portion of a piece of white cardstock measuring 4.5" x 3.25".
2. Add very small amounts of grey or black ink to distress paste and roughly apply to tops of the teal swooshes.
3. Die cut the Poppystamps "Whittle Sunshine", "Whittle Shark", "Whittle Dolphin", "Double Scalloped Stitched Frames"(largest frame) and "Birthday Wishes Moonlight Script" in white cardstock.
4. Blend yellow and orange distress ink over the sun, blue ink over the shark, and grey over the dolphin.
5. Blend varying colors of blue and grey over the sentiment.
6. Arrange the ocean scene and glue the sentiment onto the cardfront.
7. Using grey ink, stamp a sentiment of your choice from the "Whittle Sealife Sentiments". There are so many good ones, it was hard to decide which to use!
8. Glue the cardfront on a white A2 cardbase.
9. Glue the frame over the cardfront scene.
10. Glue the sun, shark and dolphin onto the card overlapping the frame.
11. Add "Clear Fairy Drops" to mimick bubbles to finish the card!
Come aboard and join the challenge with your Poppystamps cute critters creation. Don't forget to link it up in the challenge section. Also, please take a look at this month's guest designer, Traci Jenkins. Traci is a very talented cardmaker and shared an awesome critter card! I won't give it away, but it is so adorable!
Until next time, keep on crafting and "Seas" the day!
2474 Double Scalloped Stitched Frames
2432 Whittle Shark
2440 Whittle Dolphin
2418 Whittle Sunshine
2523 Birthday Wishes Moonlight Script
CL501 Whittle Sealife Sentiments clear stamp set
CLD101 Clear Fairy Drops