Challenge Reminder ~ Flower Garden, Garden Kindness
by Rachel Duong
Hi, it's Rachel here with a spring card for the Poppystamps May Challenge-"Flower Garden!" The absolutely adorable Poppystamps "Whittle Happy Fox" and "Whittle Beaver" are joining in to say "Thanks for being kind". We can never have too much kindness in the world! The "Leafy Vine Corner" die helps to showcase the beautiful spring day too. How is your spring going so far? I am gardening and cardmaking every day, two of my favorite things to do.
These are the supplies I used for my card. The "Lucky Layered Flowers " dies and the "Layered Pointy Petals" dies go perfectly on the "Leafy Vine Corner". The "Modest Banner Greetings Hot Foil Plate" is a must have. I use it all the time and looks great on everything! The "Heart Jumble" die makes a great embellishment cut out in metallic gold. Save the extra hearts!
Steps to create this card.
1. Die cut the pieces in medium weight white cardstock.
2. Ink blend all using a mix of distress and distress oxide inks. Mask off the white portions of the fox before ink blending. The above picture shows another option to cut apart and color each individual piece of the fox.
3. Color the noses with a black marker.
4. Adhere the flowers to the vine.
5. Hot foil and die cut the "Thanks for being kind" sentiment.
6. Cut an A2 cardfront in vellum.
7. Using a black Sharpie pen, scribble over the vellum.
8. Drop isoprophyl alcohol over the pen. Use a paintbrush to move color around.
9. Glue vellum onto white card base.
10. Die cut the "Hearts Jumble" die. Use any type of paper that you like. I used a leftover brown heart that was embossed in gold!
11. Adhere the pieces to the card front to finish the card. What a cute duo!
Come along and join the challenge with your Poppystamps "Flower Garden" creation. Don't forget to link it up in the challenge section. I hope you love this card as much as I do. Pairing Poppystamps critters and flowers together are such a happy combination. They look so peaceful and relaxed. Have a wonderful day and enjoy the warmer weather this time of year!