Miss You Much! A Rainbow Connection
by Rachel Duong
Hi it's Rachel! Today I created a bright and shiny card to let someone know how much they are missed. I used the Poppystamps "Rainbow Arch" die in traditional rainbow colors with a twist of glitter and metallic Memory Box papers! Gold hearts and Open Studio glossy paper brings it all together.
Steps to create this card
1. Cut an A2 (4.25" x 5.5") cardfront in black glossy paper from the Open Studio "Glossy Paper Pack".
2. Die cut the Poppystamps "Rainbow Arch" die in landscape format at the lower end of the cardfront. Leave a 1/8" inch of the bottom for a narrow border.
3. Die cut red, gold/platinum, green and royal blue from both the "Festive Glitter Pad" and the "Glitzy Glitter Pad".
4. Die cut orange, gold and purple from the "Rainbow Reflections Mirror Pad". Save all the extra pieces for a future project.
5. Die cut the hearts from the Poppystamps "Heart Jumble" die in gold glitter and metallic paper.
6. Die cut the "Miss You Moonlight Script" die in gold glitter and the outline in black glossy paper.
Supplies I used. These paper packs do not disappoint!
7. Glue the black cardfront on a grey cardbase.
8. Glue the rainbow strips in the opening beginning with the purple on at the top.
9. Assemble the sentiment and glue in place. Tip--use a permanent glue so the pieces adhere to the glossy finish.
10. Arrange the hearts at random angles and glue down. Notice one heart is centered at the bottom of the rainbow and one heart has a metallic gold heart layered over it.
I hope this card finds you well. I never get tired of spotting a rainbow no matter where I am or what I am doing. Stay tuned next month for another card using the "Rainbow Arch" die but in a completely different style of design. Until next post, stay crafty and happy. May you see a few rainbows too!