by Rachel Duong
Hello and welcome to a sun-shiny day! The Poppystamps "Whittle Snails and Whittle Bird" are awake and ready to start their daily activities. These critters are everywhere in my neck of the woods! Do they inhabit your home?
This card makes me happy. I created it to depict my love of spring and spending time out in the backyard. I watercolored the Whittle die cuts, stamped a sentiment, and created a stencil with a background die. Creating a stencil is a great way to get extra use out of a die.
Steps to create this card.
1. Die cut the large frame from the "Whittle Wood Picture Frames", "Whittle Snails", and the small bird from the "Whittle Birds" dies in medium white cardstock.
2. Watercolor the pieces with colors in browns, yellow and red. For the shells, dip a fan shaped brush in watered down brown and lightly apply paint from the center and stroke out.
3. Cut a piece of medium white cardstock to 4.25" x 4.5" and using a scissor's edge, rough up the edges.
4. Die cut the Poppystamps "Sunbeam Frame". This will act as a stencil.
5. Place the stencil with the sun in the upper left corner. Blend yellow ink over the stencil allowing the ink to fade out.
6. Paint a wash of teal in the lower third of where the frame will be placed. Add subtle brown tones in the background.
7. Adhere the cardfront to a creme cardbase.
8. Adhere the frame, snails and bird to the cardfront.
9. Stamp "Hello Sunshine" from the "Whittle Sealife Sentiments" in charcoal grey.
10. Splatter watered down brown ink in random areas of the card for character and interest!
I had the best time creating this scene. I hope you enjoyed the fun! Make sure you take a look at all the Poppystamps "Whittles" dies, they are the best! Thanks for stopping in and see you next time.