Butterflies With Love
by Rachel Duong
Hi crafty friends! It's Rachel here hoping to bring a little spring to you. My card today is full of lovely butterflies in shades of teal. I am using the Poppystamps "Pointy Lattice Plate" and the "Deco Diamond Stencil Set" from the latest incredible release. These pieces coordinate together but can also be used alone. Hot foil and glitter lend its hand to the soft, yet energetic movement this card projects.
Steps to create this card.
1. Die cut the Poppystamps "Pointy Lattice Plate" in white card stock.
2. Using the "Deco Diamond Stencil Set" blend Distress Oxide Ink Shabby Shutters over the stencil panel with the largest squares onto a white A2 size card front. Vary the intensity of the inks.
3. Match up the next panel with the medium size squares to the card front. Tape will keep it from moving. Blend Cracked Pistachio Oxide Ink over the stencil.
4. This time match up the panel with the smallest squares and blend Mermaid Lagoon Oxide Ink over it.
5. Hot foil and then die cut the Happy Birthday sentiment in silver from the Poppystamps "Birthday Wishes Poe Script" foil and cut die set.
6. Hot foil and die cut the With Love sentiment in rainbow foil from the Poppystamps "Modest Greetings 2" foil and cut die set.
7. Die cut the "Teardrop Butterflies" two times using the Memory Box "Delicate Pastel Glitter Pad" in pale blue and white.
8. Blend Mermaid Lagoon Distress Oxide Ink unevenly over an area of white cardstock large enough to cover the "Teardrop Butterflies" die, then die cut.
9. Adhere the lattice frame onto the stenciled panel and onto a white card base.
10. Arrange the sentiments and the butterflies on the card front.
11. Adhere the pieces down. Leave the wings unglued on the tips. Turn up the edges for a fun effect.
12. Use Stickles Crystal glitter glue on the darkest butterfly.
12. Adhere Open Studio "Fairy Drops" in choice places for the finishing touch!
Another close-up -- I love the rainbow hot foil and the beautiful glitter. The fairy drops are gorgeous too.
This color palette of teals and lime are one of my favorite combinations. I can't wait to try many color groups and flowers in place of butterflies. There are so many possibilities!
May you have a dreamy and relaxing day today. Please be sure to let me know if you have any questions. I love to talk about cardmaking.
Until next post, wishing you butterflies with love!