by Rachel Duong
Hi, it's Rachel and I am here in the midst of Panda-monium! The birthday balloons are a bit out of control but the party is just getting started. I am super excited about the new Poppystamps February release! When I saw the "Whittle Panda Pickup Kit" I couldn't wait to create a card. It comes with four pandas and lots more, wow!
I used solid colors straight out of the packs, giving it a child-like quality. I did not ink blend or paint any of the pieces. Instead, I gathered a palette of yellows and greens with a blue background.
Have you tried the paper stacks? The color assortment, variety of gorgeous glitter and foiled finishes are second to none! The additional dies I used were the Poppystamps "Word Balloons" and the "Whittle Spinner Background".
Steps to create this card.
1. Die cut a card front measuring 4 x 5.25 from the Memory Box Stormy Blue paper pack.
2. Place the "Whittle Spinner Background" die over the upper part of the card front and run through die cutting machine.
3. Die cut the panda bear two times, once out of black and another time out of white card stock. There are four pandas to choose from!
4. Using a small scissor for fussy-cutting, cut out the black eyes, ears, nose, and paws. Glue them onto the white panda.
5. Die cut the wheels for the truck in black and the fenders and hub caps in brown or grey.
6. Die cut the truck in yellow from the Memory Box Sunset Orange paper pack.
7. Using three shades of green from the Memory Box Lush Green paper pack, die cut three stalks of bamboo.
8. Choose six shades of green and yellow paper and die cut balloons.
9. Tape embroidery thread to the back of each balloon.
10. Die cut the speech bubble in black card stock from the Poppystamps "Word Balloons" die.
11. Heat emboss the sentiment in white powder.
12. Adhere the pieces onto the card front.
13. Finally, adhere the card front onto a charcoal card base.
Thanks for stopping by the party. I hope you had a blast. Please take a look at the new Poppystamps February release. There are so many fun things just waiting to be crafted! Have a wonderful day!