A Kind Heart
by Rachel Duong
Hi! I am here with a rustic, weathered Poppystamps Valentine! A wash of watercolor, a flurry of hearts, embellishments and a great sentiment makes this card energetic and engaging. I used the "Say It Big" clear stamp set and hearts from the "Heartfelt Pinpoint Frame". So much fun to create this card!
Steps to create this card.
1. Using a smooth piece of watercolor paper, paint a wash of distress inks in shades of brown and red.
2. Die cut hearts in red, brown, white and coral using the Poppystamps "Heartfelt Pinpoint Frame".
a. The white and coral hearts have a beautiful pearl finish. I used card stock from the Memory box "Vintage Pastel Mirror Pad".
b. The brown hearts are embossed with gold powder.
c. The red hearts are splattered with watered-down white acrylic paint.
Supplies I used
3. When the paint is dry, stamp the sentiment in red ink (middle) and brown ink (top and bottom)
4. Using the blade of a scissor, rough up the left edge of the card front. Lightly rough up the other three sides.
5. Adhere washi tape and hearts
6. Tie 1mm burlap string around the lower third of the card allowing the sides to tear.
7. Splatter white paint over the card.
8. Blend brown distress ink around the edges of a kraft card base.
9. Adhere card front to the base.
This Valentine card is fun to make, I hope you get a chance to try creating something inspired by it. Have an awesome day with a kind heart!