An Evening Valentine
by Rachel Duong
Hello, this is Rachel here to share another heart card but this time with a little more color and a twist from the typical Valentine hues! I gave it an elegant, emerald-teal shimmering background paired with a rich, burgundy organza ribbon. The candlelit gold and magenta mirrored accents bring it all together....and big hugs too! This Poppystamps valentine is for someone very special.
Steps to create this card.
1. Hot foil the "Big Hugs" sentiment from the Poppystamps "You are Amazing Poe Script Greetings" hot foil and cut die set. Use rainbow foil on white. This sentiment will not be used on this card, so save it for another one.
2. Using the scrap of used foil from above, place on a solid metal plate and foil the negative view.
3. Die cut it out using the matching frame from the set. Die cut a second layer for extra height and interest if desired.
4. Using pale markers in yellow, pink and lavender, fill in the words to give the sentiment a warm candlelit glow.
5. Die cut the top heart from the Poppystamps "Vintage Scalloped Heart" dies in dark red card stock.
6. Blend two shades of brown oxide ink around the border leaving the center red. The lightest brown goes first and further toward the center, the darker brown around the outside edge to finish the look.
7. Die cut the scalloped heart in warm metallic gold from the Memory Box "Rainbow Reflections Mirror Pad".
8. Using the Poppystamps "Heartfelt Pinpoint Frame", cut hearts in the colors as follows.
a. Shiny magenta pink hearts - die cut a 1.5" strip of metallic magenta pink card stock from the Memory Box "Rainbow Reflections Mirror Pad".
b. Chocolate brown hearts - die cut a strip of chocolate brown card stock.
c. Brown and gold hearts - smudge embossing ink on a strip of brown card stock. Sprinkle gold embossing powder over the strip and heat emboss. Die cut the strip for beautiful two-toned hearts!
d. Dark red hearts - Splatter watered down white acrylic paint on a strip of dark red card stock. Run the strip through the cutting machine and collect the speckled hearts!
9. Make a square card base measuring 4 1/4 x 4 1/4 out of heavyweight dark gray card stock.
10. Cut a square measuring 4 1/8 x 4 1/8 from the Memory Box "Festive Glitter Pad" shimmering cardstock in emerald teal.
11. Tie a small ribbon with burgundy organza ribbon.
12. Adhere the pieces together. Double sided tape works best to adhere the glitter front to the base.
13. Arrange the hearts and adhere using glue dots. Create balance by spreading out the colored hearts in a natural, organic way yet keeping the chocolate and red speckled hearts layered under the magenta and gold ones. These showstoppers should be front and forward!
Big hugs and lots of hearts to you. Have an enchanting day today until we meet again. (In a few weeks!)
Hi Rachel, This card is beautiful, I love love love your combination of colours used.
Lots of love from Patricia xx