by Rachel Duong
Let's take a stroll down Snowflake Lane! Hi, it's Rachel here to share a few wintery cards I made using the Poppystamps "Snowflake Loop" die and the Poppystamps "Stacked Joy" die. Our first snowfall came last week and it's still here blanketing our neighborhoods. I love how bright and gorgeous the snow is as it glistens in the sunlight. Needless to say, I was inspired, so I cut out a few snow-themed shapes to play around with. The faintest of blue on white for my palette, I created these cards to share with you.
It's the most wonderful time of the year! I love the natural look of the paint splatters covering the sentiment. Shimmering snowflakes are falling off the edge. Pale blue accents create a peaceful and calm mood.
Steps to create this card.
1. Die cut the Poppystamps "Snowflake Loop" die out of an A2 size piece of heavy white cardstock. (Set aside the die cut for another card)
2. Die cut three snowflakes from the "Snowflake Loop" die using the platinum shimmering cardstock from the Memory Box Festive Glitter Pad. (Save the tiny diamonds on the ends of the snowflakes for a future card)
3. Lay down the card front from (step 1) for reference and stamp the sentiment from the Poppystamps "Christmas Sparkle" clear stamp set with charcoal gray ink.
4. Die cut a snowflake in heavy cardstock. Using the negative piece of the die as a stencil, place it around the sentiment and lightly blend ink over it.
5. Adhere the card front to the card base.
6. Adhere the platinum snowflakes around the card to your liking and trim off the ends that run off the edges.
7. Splatter ink and watered-down white acrylic paint around the card. Easy, fun and gorgeous!
These are the supplies I used.
This card is quick and simple, yet beautiful and elegant.
Here are the steps.
1. Using watered down Blueprint Sketch Distress Oxide Ink, lightly and loosely paint brushstrokes over the middle area.
2. Splatter ink.
3. Die cut the Poppystamps "Stacked Joy" two times and the snowflake from the Poppystamps "Snowflake Loop" dies three times.
4. Adhere the pieces together and then to the card front. That's it!
This card is created using pieces from the first card. I love having almost zero waste!
Here are the steps.
1. Place the "Snowflake Loop" die cut from the first card on an A2 card base to measure where the sentiment will be stamped.
2. Stamp the sentiment using charcoal gray ink.
3. Using the snowflake stencil created in the first card, blend Blueprint Sketch Distress Oxide Ink over the snowflake in three places surrounding the sentiment.
4. Lightly and loosely splatter the watered-down ink unevenly over the card.
5. Adhere the "Snowflake Loop" die on the card.
6. Using the platinum diamonds from the snowflake cut out in card 1, embellish the card for the finishing touch!
I hope you love these cards as much as I do. If you get a chance to make them, please let me know how they turned out. Fantastic, I'm sure!
Enjoy this time of year and I can't wait to be back with another Poppystamps card. Below are the links to supplies I used. Have a great day!