See-through Infinity Shaker Card
Hello Poppy Peeps!
It's Sphoorti, and I only have one card for you today, but what a card it is! I would definitely not recommend mass producing this one, but it was definitely worth the effort! I learned a lot of things along the way and hope you do too!
I started off by die cutting some silver and gold colored mirror card stock, and some from the gold and silver glitter card stock with the 2531 Adelaide Snowflakes craft die. They're absolutely gorgeous and one of my favorite products from the Poppystamps 2022 Christmas Release. While I had my Big-Shot out, I also die cut the silver card stock with the 2540 Joy Freestyle Script craft die. I used vellum for the shadow layer, and also cut out some of the same sentiment from white card stock so that I could layer them below the silver card stock for extra dimension.
I took a thick piece of acetate and adhered the snowflakes on it. Then, I took a card sleeve (these are the transparent covers that we use to package cards in - especially those who sell them along with envelopes). The size of these sleeves is just larger than an A2 sized card, so I took some thick black card stock and cut it down to the same width as the sleeves. I believe the width ended up being just a little below 4.75". I slid the acetate into the card sleeve. This is what gives the card sleeve support (because otherwise, the sleeve would be limp and not stay stiff the way the front of a card base should.
I rummaged through my crafty supplies to find all the gold, silver, and clear sequins and confetti I could find and filled the sleeve with the beauties. (I went a little overboard too, and it resulted in a very hefty card front, but I'm not complaining!)
I adhered the card sleeve to the backside of the card base. I should have sealed it before I adhered it to the back so that the shaker bits didn't flow over to the back when the flap is lifted, but lesson learned!
I covered up the mess on the back of the card base with a piece of black card stock. I took the sentiment and adhered it to its vellum shadow and adhered the piece to the front of the shaker card front. And that was it!
I hope my verbal explanation of how to make this card made sense. Thank you for sticking with me through the end of this post! See you soon!