A Season of Joy
by Rachel Duong
Wishing you joy this holiday season! Hi, it's Rachel here to share two cards I made using the Poppystamps "Stacked Joy" craft die. This die is such a thrill to use and it makes a wonderful focal point. I cut it out in shimmering red glitter paper.... leaving me with pieces to create two festive and fun cards! How awesome is that?!
A close-up because the Open Studio "Fairy Jewels" are hard to see yet beautiful displayed on the wreath. The shimmering red glitter paper from the Memory Box "Glitzy Glitter Pad" is truly amazing!
Steps to create this card.
1. Die cut the Poppystamps "Stacked Joy" using shimmering red cardstock from the "Glitzy Glitter Pad" and die cut it again in heavyweight white cardstock. (set aside the extra pieces for the next card)
2. Die cut the Poppystamps "Wintertime Snowflake Frame" in medium weight white cardstock.
3. Cut a dark gray A2 size card front from the Memory Box "Earth Neutral Collection".
4. Blend Distress Oxide and Distress inks in shades of green on a white piece of cardstock. Mist with water. Let dry. (save the extra green paper for the next card)
5. Die cut the Poppystamps "Pine Needle Shoots" die four to five times using the green blended paper from step four.
6. Adhere the snowflake frame to the gray card front and then to a white card base.
7. Arrange the pine needles around the "O" in Joy. Trace a fine pencil line around the "O" for placement. Glue the needles down keeping the ends free. Save a few extra needles to overlap the sentiment.
8. Adhere Joy to the center.
9. Tie a bow using baker's twine, string or ribbon and glue to the top of the "O".
10. Adhere Open Studio "Fairy Jewels" to the wreath
11. Trim the ends of the pine needle shoots. Curl up the ends for texture and character.
I love a card on kraft. It gives me a cozy warm feeling inside!
Steps to create this card.
1. Use the die cuts from the first card in step one. ("Stacked Joy" cut from red glitter paper and heavy white cardstock.)
2. Die cut three layers of the snowflake in the Poppystamps "Snowflake Loop" die from white card stock.
3. Die cut the Poppystamps "Iced Pine Trees" using the leftover blended green paper in step four of the first card.
4. Die cut the "Iced Pine Trees" again in white cardstock for the snow caps and adhere to tree on random branches.
5. Using a brown marker, color the tree bases.
6. Cut an A2 size piece of kraft card stock.
7. Blend brown distress ink lightly around the edges.
8. Adhere pieces to card front and then to kraft card base.
9. Add a gold jewel from the Open Studio "Fairy Jewels" embellishment pack and red string to complete the card.
Additional supplies used to add to the ones used in the first card. The Poppystamps "Whittle Polar Bears" die? Scroll to the next frame to see where I used one of them!
Have a joy-filled day today. Thank you so much for your visit. Please let me know if you have any questions about how I made these cards. Take care and see you soon!