by Rachel Duong
Joy in the morning is a hot cup of coffee! Add a little bit of "Whittle Cocoa with Whip" Poppystamps dies and the day is off to a great start. Hello, this is Rachel, I am an avid coffee drinker who cannot go a day without a few cups. I am super excited to share this fun, dimensional card created with real coffee!
Step by step instructions.
1. Begin with a watercolor card front measuring approximately 4x5.25
2. Pour yourself a cup of coffee and spill a small bit on your crafting space. No cream or sugar, thanks!
3. Set your mug on the coffee spill and then place it on your card front. Repeat as many times as you like.
4. Using a paintbrush, splatter coffee on the card front.
5. Die cut the Poppystamps "Whittle Cocoa with Whip" mug using a sheet from the Memory Box "Jolly Christmas" plaid paper stack.
6. Die cut two whip cream pieces with creamy white colored paper.
7. Die cut the Poppystamps "Flowing Curves" using a light gray sheet from the Memory Box "Earth Neutral Collection" paper stack.
8. Die cut the "Joy Freestyle Script" using the darkest shade from the "Berry Red Collection" paper stack.
9. Die cut the outline with the same watercolor paper to be used for the background.
10. Cut the swirls to fit the look you desire. Adhere the pieces to the card front.
11. Paint the whip with coffee.
12. Glue the card front to a light gray card base.
13. Adhere an Open Studio "Autumn Fairy Crystal" in red to the card front for an extra touch.
Finished? Not necessarily, scroll down for a fun addition to the card!
How about giving the whip some texture?!
1. Apply texture paste on the die cut with a toothpick.
2. Paint coffee on the lower portions of the swirls for depth.
3. Allow to dry and adhere to the card.
A close-up view of the finished cup of coziness!
Options for this card might be to ink blend around the edges to give it a distressed look. A sentiment strip could fill in the empty space below the "joy" script. Perhaps more splatters too.
This time I chose to keep it just like it is, I love it!
These Poppystamps dies are incredible and will be used all year round at my home. I hope you enjoyed this card.
May the joy of the season surround you ~ see you again very soon!