Toil and Trouble
by Rachel Duong
Today is going to be a hauntingly great day! Hi, it's Rachel and I am sharing a little scary, but mostly fun Halloween card. These dies are from the "Whittles" line by Poppystamps. I love them-- especially the "Whittle Witch!"
Here are the steps to create this card.
- Using watercolor paper, die cut 2 of each: "Whittle Witch", "Boo Poe Script", "Halloween Assemblage", and "Whittle Wood Picture Frames".
- Watercolor the images the colors of your choice.
3. Paint the "Boo Poe Script" sentiment in black distress ink. After that, lay the sentiment in a splatter box and generously splatter watered-down white acrylic paint over the die.
4. Randomly place the spiderweb die cut from the "Halloween Assemblage" dies on a black cardfront measuring approximately 4" x 5.25". Then blend white ink over the web to create a background. Uneven spiderweb images give the card character!
5. Glue the witch and the "Whittle Wood Picture Frames" (large frame) on the cardfront.
6. Cut and unravel orange/red/yellow embroidery thread into small pieces. Then glue around the top of the witches head-- give her a haircut as needed. The messier the better!
7. Layer and glue a second die cut to the "Boo" and the broomstick for extra strength. Then adhere to the frame.
8. For the hat and the caldron, you can either glue a second die cut down as in the previous step, or cut off the area where the pieces overlap the witch. This will be the handle for the caldron and the brim for the hat.
9. Choose different sizes of the "Clear Fairy Drops" and glue for bubbles coming out of the caldron.
10. Glue gold Stickles onto the hat for extra sparkle.
11. Adhere the cardfront to a black card base.
The "Whittles" and the new Poppystamps Halloween release are to DIE for! I am over the moon about them! Have a BOO-tiful day, I will be back soon and until then, BEWARE of more creative posts!
Hi Rachel, You have created a really lovely 'not so scary' halloween card, I love the Whittle Witch.
Lots of love from Patricia xx